1. A group of penguins on land are called a "waddle"
2. A group of young penguin chicks are called a "creche"
3. Penguin nesting areas are called rookeries
4. Emperor Penguins can stay underwater for around 20 minutes at a time
5. No penguins live at the North Pole!
6. The Galapagos penguin is the only penguin species that ventures north of the equator in the wild
7. Penguins have excellent hearing and rely on distinct calls to identify their mates
8. Because they aren't used to danger from animals on solid ground, wild penguins are not scared on human tourists.
9. A group of penguins in the water is called a "raft"